Public Liability Claims
Our public liability claim lawyers provide stress-free service
We’re public liability lawyers Sydney and surrounding areas trust.
A public liability claim is a claim for compensation for injuries sustained in a public or a private place, caused by the negligence of the occupier or operator of the public or private place. All public and private places and buildings, including shopping centres, malls, cafes, restaurants, parks, swimming pools, government buildings, supermarkets etc, must have adequate public liability insurance, so that if you or any other person is injured, a public liability claim can be brought against the insurance company.
Common Public Liability Claims
Public liability claims can arise in a variety of circumstances, in a range of different places. Some common examples of accidents that give raise to a public liability claims are:
- Slips, trips and falls in parks, supermarkets, shopping centres etc
- Injuries in parks and leisure centres
- Injuries received while on board of an aeroplane
- Injuries in schools or childcare
- Boating and jetski accidents
- Food poisoning injury,
- Death or injury caused by allergic reaction
- Allergic reactions causing death at a restaurant
- Nervous shock claims as a result of seeing a traumatic event
- Sexual assaults of any kind
I have been injured. Do I need public liability claim lawyers?
If you have been injured in an accident in a public or private place, it is extremely important that you immediately do the following:
- Report the accident or incident to the site owner or operator or manager
- Ensure that there is an incident report prepared
- Obtain details of any witnesses present
- Take photographs of the site of the accident
- Seek and receive the necessary treatment
Most importantly, contact our public liability lawyers Sydney team right away so that we can assist you with making a claim in order to protect your rights. At Trump Lawyers, we are experts in prosecuting public liability claims and we can assist you with your claim on a No Win, No Fee basis.
Contact our office and book your free, no-obligation consultation.
What compensation am I likely to receive with the help of public liability lawyers?
It’s impossible for any lawyer to provide a precise estimate of what a public liability claim is worth from the outset, and you should be very critical of any lawyer that pretends they can. Every claim is different, and the outcome for every claim will depend on a number of factors such as the severity of injuries received, the age of the person, whether the person can no longer work, and whether prior to injury they were earning $100 per week or $10,000 per week, etc.
Having said that, compensation for public liability claims is typically claimed for:
- Past and Future Medical and Hospital Expenses
- Past and Future Loss of wages
- Pain and Suffering and loss of enjoyment of life
- Care and Assistance with Domestic Needs (whether paid or unpaid)